TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE PREVENTION FOUNDATION
Legal Information and Terms
Please read the following terms (“the Terms”) carefully in relation to the use of Prevention
Foundation’s website (“the Site”) and in relation to the services (“the Services”) provided by
Prevention Foundation. Use of the words “We”, “Us” or “Our” relate to Prevention Foundation. This
Site is provided by Prevention Foundation. By using Our Site, you confirm that you accept these
not use Our site.
(1) About Us
We are a community interest company registered in England and Wales under company Number
11822611. Our registered address is Prevention Foundation, Hamill House, Chorley New Road,
Bolton, England, BL1 4DH. All communications regarding the Site and Our Services, should be
addressed to the above address.
(2) Our Services
Our business provides services (“the Services”) which involve the provision of safety booklets and
campaigns to promote and provide educational guidance for children to assist in their personal
development. The booklets and campaigns relate to important social and safety issues that are
relevant to or may be encountered by children.
We offer various packages to Our customers with regards to the provision of Our booklets. The
prices of those packages are contained elsewhere within the Site. The packages involve the provision
of Our booklets and other educational guidance set out within the package to a school. The chosen
school is one that is specifically nominated by a customer or chosen from a list of schools who
require and have expressed an interest in receiving the booklets within Our customer’s local area.
Once a package has been selected then We will send an invoice to the customer. Upon payment We
will arrange for the booklets to be delivered to the nominated school. Delivery takes on average
between 2 to 5 working days from payment being received by Us.
After payment has been received our social media team is happy to refer to the contribution of the
customer of booklets and other items of the package to the school through the Site and social
media. Although We consider the Services we provide are for good causes, we make clear that We
are not a registered charity.
(3) How you may use the material on Our Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material
published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such
rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your
personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted
on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded
in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any
graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always
You must not use any part of the content on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a
licence to do so from us or Our licensors.
use Our site will cease immediately and you must, at Our option, return or destroy any copies of the
materials you have made.
(4) Reliance on the information within the Site
The content on Our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to
advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or
refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although We make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our site, we make no
representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site
is accurate, complete or up to date.
(5) We are not responsible for websites We link to
Where Our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are
provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by Us of those
linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of
those sites or resources.
(6) Uploading or adding content to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to Our Site, or to make
contact with other users of Our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out below.
You may use Our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use Our Site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional
material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses,
worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar
computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Any comments added to Our website must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts).
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Any comments added to Our website must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be in contempt of court.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by
way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that
members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a
direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation
of acts of terrorism.
• Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
If you act in breach of this Term We may take any or all of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of anything uploaded or added by you to Our Site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but
not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
or as required by law.
We exclude Our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this term of use. The
actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we
reasonably deem appropriate.
(7) Limitation of Liability
We do not accept any liability for loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Site or any
information, content, advertising or products provided or distributed through the Site.
We do not exclude Our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from Our
negligence, for fraud or for any matter which it would be illegal to exclude or to attempt to exclude.
(8) Changes to these Terms
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use Our Site, please check
these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
These Terms and the relationship between you and Us shall be governed by the laws of England and
Wales and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.